It’s been a fantastic couple of years working with The Lab Haverfordwest programme
The Lab is a three-year arts and regeneration programme in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire supported by Arts Council of Wales and Pembrokeshire County Council. The Lab aims to devise and test new and imaginative ways of working in Haverfordwest that will bring the community together to inspire and shape the process of urban planning, design and regeneration.
Praxis Makes Perfect worked with the artistic directors and the management group to embed an evaluation framework within the programme. This aims to show all stakeholders:
- How well the Confluence programme delivers its activities over the course of the three years.
- Who has benefitted from these activities and how.
- How well the project is progressing towards achieving the outcomes envisaged for the project.
- At the end of the project whether these outcomes were achieved.
After delivering a training session in Results Based AccountabilityTM we identified four key performance measures in relation to the desired outcome of realising a model for arts led regeneration in small towns in Wales.
- % people who feel better about Haverfordwest (river & environs)
- % people giving positive feedback about the programme
- % people who participate & engage reporting an increased understanding of what art can be
- % key decision-makers including regeneration professionals and the public who support and are committed to the role of arts in regeneration
During the first year people were invited in a variety of ways to contribute their views and opinions to create a baseline from which change can be measured over time. We worked with Curious Ostrich to interview people and we will talk to them again in the last year of the project. Check out The Lab website where all the activities are brilliantly documented as well as the evidence of the positive difference the initiative has made. http://www.thelabhaverfordwest.org/thestorysofar/